Effective as of June 20th, 2018
When you create an account with us, some of your profile information may be viewable by the public or other registered users. To see what information is available to other users or to update your information, visit your Profile page on the Services.
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect information that you provide when you use the Services, including when you create a Songtradr account, post a job, post a song, review a song, provide us with account or payment information, participate in our message boards or forums, contact us via the Services, or otherwise interact with the Services.
The information that you provide us may include a) your name, address, contact information, username, email address, password, and other registration information; b) transaction-related information, such as payment or account information, licensing information, or information about when you make purchases or respond to offers; c) the content of the songs you post; d) information about co-owners of the songs you post, such as their names, addresses, and contact information, e) the tags you associate with songs; and f) any feedback you provide about songs or other users.
Information We Collect Automatically – We and our service providers automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Services. That information includes a) your Internet Protocol address, b) your browser type and your operating system, c) the pages or content you view or listen to on the Services, d) the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, e) unique identifiers associated with the devices you use to access the Services, f) the search terms you enter on the Services, g) the URL that referred you to the Services, and h) standard weblog information.
Information from Other Sources – We collect information from third-party sources and combine it with the information described above. Specifically, we collect demographic information from digital distribution partners, information about registration of music rights from performance rights organizations, and additional contact information from Facebook (sign up and/or login using Facebook).
You may be able to use third party login credentials (e.g., Facebook) to access the Services. When you do so, we collect information from the third party associated with the login credentials. You may be able to control the information that the third party shares with us by changing the privacy settings for your account with that third party.
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations.
How do we use this information?
We, our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers use the information we collect for the following purposes:
· providing you with products, services, or information you request;
· facilitating transactions between us, you, and other users;
· providing you with information about the Services;
· contacting you with notices that we are required by law to send;
· where allowed by law, or with your consent, delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, including the delivery of targeted advertisements that are based on your previous activities on the Services and other websites or applications (e.g., if you access a certain song on our Services, you may receive an online advertisement for that song or a related product or service on the Services or other websites);
· personalizing the Services based on your interests, such as by providing interactive or tailored content on the Services based on the songs you have purchased or the content you have accessed;
· posting your activities to your social media accounts, subject to your consent;
· improving the Services, such as by learning how our users interact with the Services or better tailoring our content to users’ needs and preferences;
· generating and analyzing statistics to understand how people use the Services;
· helping advertisers and sponsors better understand our users; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Services and on other websites.
On what basis do we process your information?
For those of you in certain jurisdictions like within a European Union member country, we provide here the legal basis for processing your personal information in accordance with applicable law. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
· to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or for precontractual measures, for example where you license music to Songtradr or when we license music to you, or when you use Songtradr to distribute your music onto 3rd party platforms such as Spotify and Apple Music;
· to comply with our legal obligations, for example if we are required to report royalty payments to a regulatory body or to comply with a law enforcement subpoena, a court order, or agency request for information;
· to meet our legitimate interests, for example to ensure that the Services operate as intended and are appropriate for your needs, that our Services function correctly with your systems, that our records are kept up to date and accurate, and to communicate with you regarding the Services; or
· consistent with your consent, for example, if applicable law requires consent for our marketing communications containing third party offers or where you are not a customer of ours.
Under what circumstances do we share this information?
We share the information we collect from you:
· with our affiliates and subsidiaries;
· with other users as needed to facilitate transactions;
· with other users that view your profile page;
· with service providers that work on our behalf and that have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations to provide order and payment processing services; deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you; analyze how people use the Services; or host our Services;
· with business partners that deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
· with companies such as online network advertisers that may automatically collect or receive information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Services, in order to facilitate the delivery of marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements, including targeted advertising for our or others’ products and services on our Services and on third-party sites and applications;
· with marketing partners or others for joint or co-branded promotions;
· to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting or other legal obligations;
· with affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent we deem reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, or similar transaction.
You may also be able to share information about your activities on Songtradr with social media platforms, and other third-party services. You have some choices to control the information that we share with these parties by changing the privacy settings on your Songtradr profile page or changing the privacy settings for your social media, and third-party accounts.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or other content. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website, service, and application you use.
Where is this information transferred and processed?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure; we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
If your contact information changes or if you wish to inquire about the information we have collected about you, please submit a request at the contact information listed below.You may “opt-out” of receiving marketing emails by using the unsubscribe feature included in the emails or, if available, registering your preferences on your Profile page.
In addition, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
· access your personal information;
· rectify the information we hold about you;
· erase your personal information;
· restrict our use of your personal information;
· object to our use of your personal information;
· receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
· lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority; and,
· where the processing of your information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details provided below.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you for the purposes of providing the Services. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations and regulators' expectations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend potential legal claims.
We make automated decisions about you based on your personal information in the following circumstances:
Previous licensing activity on Songtradr, number of streams and/or downloads on Songtradr or other distributed 3rd party streaming and download platforms and social media followers and/or subscribers.
Subject to local legal requirements and limitations, you can contact us to object to our use of automated decision-making.
The Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Address: 2001 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 501, Santa Monica, CA, 90403, USA
Phone number: +1 424 744 8190